Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio loss when FCE movie to iDVD?

Hello to all. First post on this forum...

There is extensive discussion on the iMovie 09 forum about sporadic/complete audio loss when exporting movies to iDVD for burning. Lots of tricks to try by various posters with limited success.

Is a known issue with FCE? I'm planning to "move up" from iMovie as soon as I replace my aging G5 and can't find a definite consensus through forum searches.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Power Mac G5, 1.8 x 2, 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 11:19 AM

4 replies

Oct 19, 2010 1:53 PM in response to MartinR

Thanks for the prompt reply. This is encouraging news.

Since you have used this program over the years on various Macs and OS versions, can I expect "reasonable" performance on my old G5? I'm just a hobbyist, so it doesn't matter to me if I go have dinner while something renders or processes but I'd rather not slow to a crawl, either.

K

Oct 19, 2010 2:29 PM in response to kwolson

I edited my first movie (a 90 minute documentary) on a 1.25GHz G4 eMac and was very happy with performance. I did my next one on a 2.0GHz iMac G5 and was even happier with performance. I am currently using a 3.06GHz Core2Duo iMac and am amazed at the rendering speeds. A lot of 'performance happiness' depends on your expectations!

Basic editing functions - you know - cut, paste, apply a filter, move a clip, adjust an audio level, scrub through a clip, set keyframes - still take the same scale of time no matter what machine you are using, because it depends on the user! So ... I think you should be fine with performance on a G5.

The only limitations are you won't be able to import AVCHD video, and some FxPlug filters that require an Intel processor won't work.

audio loss when FCE movie to iDVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.