Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures Look Like Xrays

My wife had had her ipod touch for one day and today she tried the camera. They almost look like Xrays. Even if you just bring up the camera and not take a picture, what it shows you on the screen almost looks like an Xray. Are there settings somewhere? I can't believe it is supposed to be like that. This is the new 4th generation.

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 1:48 PM

11 replies

Oct 19, 2010 4:40 PM in response to roaminggnome

When I click on the link you posted that is what it says after it tries to load. We were just trying the camera again. Everything looks like x rays. All the colors are wrong, green grass is red. A picture of a person face is ghostly and the teeth are black. Its like you took a normal picture and photoshopped it by adding a weird filter. There really seems to be zero settings except for zoom and exposure. None of those help at all. Could it be defective because I know the pics are not supposed to be as good as the iphone or a real camera but they are also not supposed to be halloween. They look just like Xrays.

Oct 20, 2010 6:10 PM in response to Silly rabbit

We brought it back today and they gave us a new one and it's fine now. The funny thing is that it even did it when you watched a video on youtube. They looked like negatives or xrays. Camera, video and watching a youtube video all looked like negatives. The young man at the store went into general settings and did a default setting reset and it did fix it. My only concern was that there is no "negative" setting so if it happened once it could happen again. We were happy with a new one. Thanks for all the replies.

Dec 27, 2010 1:47 PM in response to Tommyguitar

My daughter and I each got new ipods yesterday. Mine works beautifully but hers has the x-ray screen. When I got ahold of her in facetime she said I and everything else on her Touch looked like x-rays. I told her I would research it on the internet for her. What I didn't know was that she had taken it to the ipod store and the salesperson said he couldn't do anything about it and she left with her defective ipod. I read here what tommyguitar wrote about his experience. He just didn't give all the steps.

Go into "settings" - tap on "General" - go to bottom of list and tap on "reset" - then tap on "reset all settings"

My daughter called me back in two minutes and her ipod was working perfectly. Hope it works for everybody else. Wonder why apple didn't post a fix?

Oct 24, 2013 7:45 PM in response to Tommyguitar

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS THIS: SELECT SETTINGS> SELECT ACCESSIBILITY> AND MAKE SURE YOUR WHITE ON BLACK IS SET TO OFF>>>>>>PROBLEM SOLVED............... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RESET ALL SETTINGS, BC YOU PROBABLY WILL HAVE TO THEN GO BACK AND SET UP EVERYTHING THE WAY YOU HAD IT!!! I HAVE SENSATIVE YES AND LOOKING AT THE WHITE BACKGROUND WITH BLACK WRITTING HURTS , SO I TURNED MINE ON SO IT WOULD APPEAR A BLACK BACKGROUND WITH WHITE WRITTING... I HAD NO PICS UPLOADED AT THIS POINT, WHEN I SYNCED HOWEVER MY PICS ALSO LOOKED THIS X RAY TYPE. WHEN I WENT BACK AND TURNED IT TO OFF, MY PROBLEM SOLVED.. SO NOW WHEN I WANT TO LOOK AT OR SHOW MY PICS I SIMPLY DO THIS SO THAT I CAN HAVE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. AND WHEN JUST LISTNING TO MY TUNES OR RADIO STREME I DONT HAVE OT STRAIN MY EYES!

Pictures Look Like Xrays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.