Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing videos on Youtube

Tried to view Lady Gaga's Bad Romance video by VEVO searching by "LadyGagaVEVO" but Apple TV does not have this video to view. Going back to my iMac and connecting to Youtube on the web, all Lady Gaga original videos are there to see. What's going on????????
Is there some restrictions on the Apple TV's ability to download and view content?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 2:28 AM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2010 2:31 AM in response to mysticTV

videos can be restricted for various reasons.

1) the video may not yet be converted for appletv compatibility (this is done by google/youtube)

2) the video may be set to be viewable only on the youtube website (this is called syndication opt-out). this is done by the uploader of the video.

option 2 is the most likely resason why you can't see the video and this is out-with apple's control.

Oct 20, 2010 2:54 AM in response to Chenks

Yeah, that's what I thought!
But it's so silly as I can just bring in my laptop, plug it into the same TV's HDMI slot and view all of them.
Oh well, maybe someday they'll get everything going.
One more question: Do you think that they will let the Apple TV stream my iMac's screen to my TV?
Just the iPhoto is neat but I sure would like to view other items from applications like Dreamweaver and iMovie.

Oct 20, 2010 6:27 AM in response to mysticTV

This can also happen if a video contains all of part of copyrighted content. I have a couple of videos I made and uploaded with the original drum track removed so I could fill in on drums. Apparently the content is monitored during upload somehow and these videos were then set to website view only and one was even blocked from view in Germany.

Apr 21, 2014 6:38 PM in response to mysticTV

I just found out that the "Bad Romance" video is no longer available on the VEVO channel via Apple TV... To be frank I'm actually a little ****** off! We run a seasonal business, and during the day, we have a big flat screen playing a VEVO playlist of music videos that play throughout our store, and "Bad Romance" is sort of an anthem for all the people that work for us...aka our jam! I guess I don't understand why I can view it from my iPhone on the VEVO app, but can't get the video on my Apple TV...

Accessing videos on Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.