Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem logging into FaceTime for Mac

For some reason, Im unable to login with my AppleID. After the information is entered into the ID and password block, it sits at "Signing In" and goes no further. Ive reinstalled the app with no luck. I have basic WEP security on the home network but I have not experimented with changing these settings. Anyone else run into the issue where it just wont log in?

Ive also created a new AppleID account through the FaceTime app, but it still wont log in with that account.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 4, iPad 16gb

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 4:27 PM

47 replies

Oct 20, 2010 5:29 PM in response to Molash1

I had the same problem. Try using your USERNAME@mac.com instead of me.com
This is supposedly the same address, but in this case me.com does not work. It sends verification email that gets to in Inbox in Mail application, but disappears before I can not open it and verify the address. This is quite bizarre, I've never seen self-destructing emails before. I hope Apple will fix this glitch.

Oct 20, 2010 5:41 PM in response to DJ Gary B. in Atlanta,GA

I've having the same problem here as well. I've tried reinstalling and no luck.

To everyone that is having problems...do you have any IP blocking software installed? Anything that could cause the FaceTime app to not connect to the Apple servers?

I have Little Snitch installed and thought that may be the problem but I've disabled it and even tried to uninstall it and no luck. I still can't help but feel like for some reason the FaceTime app is not making a connection to Apple's servers.

Oct 20, 2010 9:56 PM in response to VeeFourteen

I have the same problem. Whether using an existing Apple ID or creating a new one, FaceTime just gives me the spinning wheel at "Signing in" and gets stuck there forever. I've left it for hours and no change. I've tried a couple dozen times and no change. Just the spinning wheel.

I'm in Hong Kong, and I tried with both a Mid-2009 MacBook Pro and a near-virgin Mid-2010 iMac (Little Snitch never installed). I'm using both a Tenda wireless router as well as the wireless router supplied by my comms company PCCW.

Nothing works.

Is it regional? Is anyone else in Hong Kong able to sign in?

Oct 20, 2010 11:37 PM in response to Benton R. Olmsted

Wow...so I got it to work but there has to be a better solution. The problem is the router/modem.

My iMac is connected to a Vonage router/switch via an ethernet cable (not wireless).
I turned off the internal ethernet of the iMac and turned on WiFi and connected to a neighbors network and I was able to sign in right away and am using Facetime without a problem

So now how can I fix this permanently? Do I need a new router or what is it about the router I have that isn't allowing it to work?

Problem logging into FaceTime for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.