Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes in Corporate Environment

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to lock down iTunes to be deployed across a company domain. I've been reading through the Managing iTunes.pdf that tells you how to block access to various online features such as access to Video, Podcasts, ect using the Parental Controls feature.

What I'm now trying to do is lock iTunes so that users CANNOT put their own media onto the computer. As this is a corporate environment, those in power have decree that they do not want users filling their computers with media/apps.

All they want iTunes to be able to do is Activate a freshly reset device. Nothing else.

So the question is: Is there a way to lock down iTunes so that all it can do is Activate Devices?

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2010 8:03 AM

No way I know or can think of that wouldn't involve a lot of "kludging" with file and folder permissions which would probably be difficult to set up and support. Your company will probably have to do initial activation, configuration, and reactivation centrally rather than allow iTunes to be installed on individual computers. The information on this page:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/integration/

particularly the Enterprise Deployment Guide, should help.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2010 8:03 AM in response to Estens

No way I know or can think of that wouldn't involve a lot of "kludging" with file and folder permissions which would probably be difficult to set up and support. Your company will probably have to do initial activation, configuration, and reactivation centrally rather than allow iTunes to be installed on individual computers. The information on this page:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/integration/

particularly the Enterprise Deployment Guide, should help.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer

iTunes in Corporate Environment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.