4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2010 2:09 PM by Rahmifa
oldmovieguy Level 1 (25 points)
Has anyone purchased an Apple tv in the USA for use in the UK, if so, do you use a US to UK plug adaptor or do you just plug straight in using a UK power cable that fits the Apple tv?

iMac 24" 3.06, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • 'cintosh Level 1 (65 points)
    To my knowledge the AppleTV has its power regulator built into it. Thats why you only have a cable and no power brick.

So my best guess is to just plug it in.

I didnt even use the cable provided, I just borrowed the the VHS Player's cable because we weren't using it.

"Power
    Built-in 6-watt universal power supply'
  • dazzak Level 1 (0 points)
    Hi,

I have the ATV2 which I bought in the US a few weeks back. Have it all working here in UK fine. The previous post is correct in that the "transformer" bit is built into ATV2. The connector is just one of the figure of 8 ends - the common ones you'd find on lots of electronics (radios, cd players etc) - I just used a spare one I had from my old Sky TV box! Plug in and go
  • oldmovieguy Level 1 (25 points)
    Many thanks for the info, ATV2 plugged in and running, getting it to recognize the content if my iTunes library is another matter., bit I will persevere.
  • Rahmifa Level 1 (0 points)
    Hi dazzak, you didn't mention whether you could rent movies. Is this the case ?

Farid