Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reassurance anyone?

Hi. I am upgrading iLife from 06 to 08 so as to be able to use PayPal on my iWeb website. I haven't upgraded before, so am not sure how it works...
Please could someone tell me: Will I have to re-build my website from scratch?
What happens to other work done in iLife 06?
Does iLife 06 stay on my computer? How will I find 08?
Sorry to be so feeble...

iMac 2.16GHz Inetl Core 2, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Oct 22, 2010 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2010 2:15 PM

No, you won't have to rebuild your site from scratch.
When I upgraded, the domain file opened with the newly installed iWeb 08 with out a hitch.
You should back up your domain file and store a copy of it safely somewhere other than your hard drive.
By default, it is located in your user/library/application support/iWeb folder. Once you open the domain file with iWeb 08 you won't be able to edit it with '06 anymore.

If I remember correctly, installing iWeb 08 doesn't affect your iWeb 06 application, so they should both be operational unless you delete 06.

All you have to do is insert the install disk in your computer and run the installation. It will put 08 in your Application folder.
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2010 2:15 PM in response to Templemeads

No, you won't have to rebuild your site from scratch.
When I upgraded, the domain file opened with the newly installed iWeb 08 with out a hitch.
You should back up your domain file and store a copy of it safely somewhere other than your hard drive.
By default, it is located in your user/library/application support/iWeb folder. Once you open the domain file with iWeb 08 you won't be able to edit it with '06 anymore.

If I remember correctly, installing iWeb 08 doesn't affect your iWeb 06 application, so they should both be operational unless you delete 06.

All you have to do is insert the install disk in your computer and run the installation. It will put 08 in your Application folder.

Oct 23, 2010 2:29 AM in response to Templemeads

You will not be able to upgrade to iLife 08 because it is not the latest issue of iLife. Until a few days ago you would have been able to upgrade to iLife 09, but Apple has just released iLife 11 as an upgrade for $49. You can upgrade from iLife 06 straight to iLife 11 and essentially, you will still be getting iWeb 09, because they have not updated this part of it, just iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand.

You can purchase iLife 11 via the Apple store for $49.

Reassurance anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.