Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Capturing from DV Tape - No Audio

Help, I have been fighting what I am sure if a very easy fix for days now. I am trying to capture footage recorded in DV. The camcorder is connected via firewire, set to DV. The project in FCP is set to DV NTSC. Every time I capture I think I have audio on the playback until I finish the capture, save the project and disconnect the camera to find that there is no audio and it was reading from the camera. This happens if the audio capture settings are set to 48kz, or if I use the 32kz that I created (using 48kz as a template) based on advice I saw in another post. If I start a new project and just switch from my default HDV to HD, I can capture with sound but I always get the message that the capture audio settings don't match the source tape and that I will end up with a delay. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 22, 2010 5:41 PM

7 replies

Capturing from DV Tape - No Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.