Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with mailing pictures

I love the templates and the implied functionality - even better if it worked consistently. I chose the postcard template and picked out 6 photos. Was able to mail them successfully, but the next time I tried the blue progress bar completed and then nothing. Much later a message said unable to deliver mail - bear in mind that his is an email address I use daily in mail with no issue. Then I try to change the address and the send button is grey. I have to go back to the event and start over - and maybe it will work and maybe not. Last time I tried it locked the entire system and the only way to get iphoto back was to do a power restart.

Also you can not send to multiple addresses in same email, or as stated above, once you use it once, you're through.

Anybody else got similar issues or solutions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 22, 2010 9:12 PM

30 replies

Oct 23, 2010 4:54 AM in response to Karl's Mac

Hello

Same thing for me.
And you have to change the settings in iPhoto : mailing account's options are imported but wrong name or password (sort of mix between several accounts).
And you can't choose a defult option such as sending with real size or optimized size...

The picture is mailed but the screen keep freezed more than 5 minutes ans sometinmes the picture is send, sometimes not...?

Is this a Beta ????

Oct 23, 2010 7:34 AM in response to phinou

I have the same problem - If the email account or Password is incorrect the blue Send Bar moves to the end and than iPhoto hangs...? Only way out is to close the app. If you click the cancel button the system shows a box "that you will lose the email' but than retunes you to the iPhoto-email screen. I checked the Accounts in iPhoto Preference and they match my Mail accounts (which works fine). How do you diagnose email problems? Also ??
1.) is there a way to just send an photo like the old days iPhoto 9 without drag/drop on top of the mail icon?
2.) In iPhoto 11 email if I want to change the Font I get a very small selection (no Bold) if I high-light & right click and select the Show-Fonts off the drop down, some of the fonts I pick have no affect on the text within the iPhoto email (try Arial Regular 14) ?? I have no problem selecting this font within Mail email.
3.) I can select a photo that I emailed and click Info>Sharing and it will tell me when and to who I emailed this photo - How do I clear this out if I don't want to see Info about a photo that I sent Granny Jones last Christmas.?
4.) If I un-check the attach Photos to message (the email contains only the cute "Post-card" with my image inside) How about the other way around - what if I don't want the cute "Post-card" but just the photos attached?? and don't tell me to Drag/Drop on the mail icon.
Sorry for the rant - Mike

Oct 23, 2010 12:37 PM in response to Jkatz

Apple please give us the old email picture behavior back alongside the trendy new postcard approach - or at least make sure that a recipient using Apple's Mail.app can use the "add to iPhoto" option to not only save the postcard, but also the individual photos in the zip file, if present.

Right now "add to iPhoto" only adds the postcard version, regardless of the presence of the zip file. My parents aren't going to know how to dig out the zip file from the email attachments folder, unarchive it, and then import the resulting pics into their iPhoto. This cries out for an applescript hack for Mail - so it would be best if Apple just did it right in the first place.

Progress is great - I like the rest of the new iPhoto, but please don't abandon basic functionality in the process.

Thanks

Oct 23, 2010 2:57 PM in response to jrdavidson

I could not agree more, the old "email photo" option from the past that actually used the mail application is desperately needed again. I find the new email postcard themes to be awful looking and you are now limited to 10 photos! I really can't believe that apple took that feature out!

I like the rest of iPhoto but the new "email photo" is terrible!!

Oct 25, 2010 8:26 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks for that! I was trying to figure out how to e-mail photos without the cutesy themes. They are fine, but most of the time I just want to shoot some pictures to someone. Plus, with iPhoto not showing a record of what was sent, I'd prefer to use mail. I can't always remember what pictures I sent to whom!

Problems with mailing pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.