Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture .arw support (Sony Alpha SLT-A33)

So i recently purchased a sony dslr (SLT-A33) and i would ideally like to shoot in RAW but apparently the .arw (raw format file for sony dslrs) isn't supported in aperture. does anyone know how to get them converted because the software the camera came with isn't exactly conducive to converting large numbers of files at a time. Any ideas or thoughts on when there will be an update for aperture to support this camera or sofware that will convert it faster?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 23, 2010 12:28 AM

4 replies

Oct 26, 2010 3:45 PM in response to dopey080

I too recently purchased the same Sony DSLR. It appears that the ARW raw formats used by Sony are different as the non SLT models are supported natively by OSX with appropriate updates.
As a short term solution, try Adobe DNG Converter to convert the RAW ARW to Adobe's DNG Raw format. No image loss and the system should allow you to open the new DNG files in Aperture, Preview etc easily. Hoping Apple will provide an update soon. We are just too fast with the new equipment 😉

Aperture .arw support (Sony Alpha SLT-A33)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.