6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2010 7:33 AM by Jolly Giant
oldmovieguy Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Bill Gates was right, I now have a new hobby, trying to get this blasted ATV2 to actually work!

iMac 24" 3.06, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • Shylock1966 Level 2 Level 2 (400 points)
    must admit i also having problems, the lads in the apple shop said to get an airport extreme to sort out the problems. It amy work great with this setup but that is another £140 i have to find. I using it with a O2 Wireless box router and it is very temperamental i can tell you.
  • oldmovieguy Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    I would not be at all pleased if the guys in the Apple store advised me to buy an airport extreme so that ATV2 could work. I think I would be handing ATV2 back and getting a refund, damned cheek if you ask me.
  • Jolly Giant Level 7 Level 7 (25,440 points)
    oldmovieguy wrote:
    Bill Gates was right, I now have a new hobby

what does [_*Bill Gates*_|http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/billg/bio.mspx] have to do with Apple TV (other than that he probably owns a couple) ?

trying to get this blasted ATV2 to actually work!

perhaps if you gave a detailed account of the issue(s) you're having, someone here might be able to help.

JGG

• oldmovieguy Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Jolly Giant

Must say I laughed out loud when I saw your response and realised my mistake, poor old Steve must be scratching his head, I'm jet lagged, that's my excuse.
    I solved my problems this morning when I realised I had the box upside down, I kid you not, right way up it works just fine.
    Cheers
    OMG
  • Alley_Cat Level 6 Level 6 (18,420 points)
    oldmovieguy wrote:
    I solved my problems this morning when I realised I had the box upside down, I kid you not, right way up it works just fine.

Hmm, mine wasn't working as it was off-axis and not parallel the table edge - son must have moved it around the same time he tossed by WD Mybook upside down! Repositioned parallel to table edge and it's working better again, though only 3 bars of signal on wi-fi.
  • Jolly Giant Level 7 Level 7 (25,440 points)
    oldmovieguy wrote:
    it works just fine.

great !

as for Mr Gates, let's not call a mistake, eh ?

if it works, it's due to Apple's brilliance. if it doesn't, blame it on you-know-who

mu ha ha ...

JGG