Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand 11 Latency

After updating to GB11, my guitar is pretty much unusable due to huge latency issues. I'm plugging directly into the the audio in, same as in GB 9. Issue persists after a restart w/GB the only running app.

MacBok Pro 2.4 gHz w/2 gb RAM

MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 23, 2010 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2010 1:38 PM

Hmmph. Unplugging the external monitor and using the MBPs built-in display seems to have solved it for now. Weird.
17 replies

Oct 25, 2010 3:41 PM in response to imjeffp

THE FIX FOR THIS:
Well, not a fix, but a workaround:

Switch input sources (change from guitar to mic, then back again, or switch from built-in to System Setting then back, or from built-in to an external device, etc.).

This should fix it.
Seems like the problem occurs on the very first time you use guitar channel and monitoring? Not sure, but at least there's a way to make it go away...

Oct 11, 2013 4:07 PM in response to imjeffp

Bought mac just because i thought that garage band is a good program. Total crap. Never works well , always has delays , bad sound.. Just makes me angry as ****. What’s the point to restart mac or do other annoying tricks just to make sure the product works? Waste of money

Should have bought a regular amplifier . store geniuses have no idea how to deal with it either. GARBAGE BAND! >:-{

GarageBand 11 Latency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.