Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Songs

Hi,

I wanted to delete some songs from my computer in the iTunes library.
I have, however accidentally clicked "Keep Files" when I meant to click "Move to Trash"

User uploaded file

Now, the files are not in my library but still in different folders and subfolders in Finder, and it would be tedious to manually locate them to drag them to trash.
Any idea how I can move all these files to Trash without manually searching?
I don't suppose I can "undo" delete in iTunes.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 3:14 AM

use this script ...

_*Music Folder Files Not Added v2.0*_
This application will list the file paths of the files in your designated "iTunes Media" folder which are not in iTunes' library. Additionally, you can select a different parent folder and its contents will be compared to the iTunes library. Options to Add a selection of found files to iTunes or move them to the Trash.

... to track the files down and delete them.

J GG

User uploaded file
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2010 3:14 AM in response to colin N

use this script ...

_*Music Folder Files Not Added v2.0*_
This application will list the file paths of the files in your designated "iTunes Media" folder which are not in iTunes' library. Additionally, you can select a different parent folder and its contents will be compared to the iTunes library. Options to Add a selection of found files to iTunes or move them to the Trash.

... to track the files down and delete them.

J GG

User uploaded file

Deleting Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.