Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about airport express/extreme and printing

Hopefully this question will make sense... I currently have my computer hooked up to Airport Extreme wirelessly. That is the network in my house. I want to buy a large format Epson printer and it needs to be somewhere else in the house and cannot be plugged in to the Extreme.
If I purchase the printer and plug it into an Airport Express that is plugged into an outlet can I switch back and forth between wi-fi connections to print wirelessly?

Thanks for any help.
Stephanie

21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 6:53 AM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2010 11:04 PM in response to Carlos Salazar

If you receive a signal strong enough to use your computer wirelessly upstairs, you won't have any problem (I don't think) with your printer. I just got a Wi-Fi printer and it just seamlessly becomes part of your network same as adding any Wi Fi enabled device (I have 2 roku's for streaming Netflix etc and it all works great). BTW, my printer is a Canon MP 495 and so far I really like it. And, for a very inexpensive photo printer, (+AIO- copier, scanner, which I like, I paid around $45 on Amazon when it was on sale). The set-up instructions for Mac were not very coherent, but if you know what you are doing when it comes to adding hardware and working with your network, you can do it without the poorly written instructions. Also, the web site is not that great for help forums or shopping for ink, etc. Amazon is one of the best overall resources with lots of customer reviews, etc. Good luck!

Question about airport express/extreme and printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.