Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to iPhoto '11 only some faces are showed up on my TV

Good morning, as the subject I'm figuring this issue on my ATV (1stG), on my iMac I can see ALL the faces under the relative section on my iPhoto '11 (upgraded the library from iPhoto '09 yesterday), I re-synchronized my iPhoto '11 library to my ATV 1stG but I can see only some faces and not everything of them as before (iPhoto '09).

What should I do to restore the original correct behaviour ?

Thanks, regards.
Roberto.

iMac late '09 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 12:22 PM

5 replies

Oct 24, 2010 12:30 PM in response to Chenks

I can't believe this! I bought an upgrade to have new functionalities and what I'm having is a
limitation ?

Surely I can downgrade to iPhoto '09 but I'd like to have the new version completely up and running (iPhoto '11).

Is it so unlikely to have an upgrade of ATV 1stG ?

Anyway, thank for your reply.

Roberto.

Oct 24, 2010 12:35 PM in response to dalrmi

dalrmi wrote:
I can't believe this! I bought an upgrade to have new functionalities and what I'm having is a
limitation ?

you bought an upgrade to a separate application. i'm sure the iLife'11 manuals don't state a guarantee of compatibility with any appletv?

i'm not saying this is definitely the cause, but in the past there has usually been a requirement for an update when new iLife products were released.

Is it so unlikely to have an upgrade of ATV 1stG ?

the original appletv has been replaced and as such i doubt there will be any more software updates at all.

Oct 25, 2010 5:16 PM in response to dalrmi

I also have the original Apple TV and read that iPhoto '11 doesn't support it. But obviously you have some functionality there. Can you describe what's working and what isn't? Synching photos is one of my favorite features of ATV, but the main use it gets is the floating slideshow of one album while music plays. As long as albums and events synch, I can do without faces.

On a side note, this is a real slap in the face from Apple. They were selling the "old" Apple TV just a few weeks ago, and now the iPhoto update doesn't support it?

After upgrading to iPhoto '11 only some faces are showed up on my TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.