Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID for developer program

I currently have an apple ID that I used to register for the free iPhone developer account used to download the SDK. I have also used this in iTunes and the app store for purchases. I am going to join the paid, $99/year developer program. Apple recommends a new separate apple ID and account for this, to keep accounting information, etc. separate.

So I would like a new account, as suggested, since I have previously used the other account for iTunes and app store. But I have also used this account to register as an apple developer for access to the SDK, etc.

My question is, will joining the paid developer program with a brand new ID cause any problems because I have previously registered for free as an apple developer to get access to the SDK?

iOS 4

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 4:32 PM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2010 7:28 PM in response to cj44

Hi CJ, and welcome to the Dev Forum!
cj44 wrote:
Apple recommends a new separate apple ID and account for this, to keep accounting information, etc. separate. ... My question is, will joining the paid developer program with a brand new ID cause any problems because I have previously registered for free as an apple developer to get access to the SDK?

No. Almost every developer has already registered with an older ID before applying to the paid program. In fact words like "new, separate ID" imply you're expected to already have an older ID. If the two ID's were causing problems for almost every developer, I think we would have heard about it by now. - Ray

Jan 6, 2011 8:57 PM in response to cj44

I was going to ask this same question. Glad to see that it is not a problem.

I have a further question though that I didn't want to make a whole new thread for:
When I register as an Apple Developer and create my new apple id account for it, do I need to use my real first name in the first name field - specifically with regards to future payments or whatever if I ever made an iphone app that people bought?

The thing is that in real life I don't go by my real first name, but my bank and credit information does. So if I put the first name everyone calls me as my first name, will I then run into trouble later when I publish apps for sale on the app store and need to do whatever financial information they need?

Also, just what information will be seen by the public or on the app store? Will they see my name and I should be doing it as a company instead if I don't want my name public or whatever? Or am I just worrying about this stuff too much and it's no problem because when you get to the point of submitting an app all these things can be dealt with then??

Sorry for the complete cluelessness of these questions 😝

Thanks!

Apple ID for developer program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.