Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO output in 1080p only 720p & "Not enough room in Heap Zone" ERROR

i am using a 8GB RAM Macbook Pro with over 1TB of 7200rpm drive space with iMovie11 and snow leopard 10.6.4

editing together clips from Canon 5DM2 in 1080/30p and used a template within new iMovie11
upon exporting in any of the new featured avenues, 1080p crashes with "Not enough room in Heap Zone" error message and no explanations anywhere.

i tried updating Java updates and even went as far as reinstalling my snow leopard 10.6 DVD (took me all of Football Sunday and still having to reinstall my programs.....)
That did not solve the 1080p problem

at least now 720p worked for a tiny 1.5 minutes video i made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodqTrheVXc

still, no having the 1080p working defeats the terrific features of the new iMovie11 system.
the noise suppression worked fairly well, as you can hear.

please,
someone out there!
help..........!

paul

Apple MacBook Pro 17 2009 & 2007, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 10:43 AM

17 replies

Oct 26, 2010 12:04 AM in response to Paul Chiu

is there a way to see what HEAP space is?

In "Activity Monitor" you can see how much RAM is free and how much is used. (The heap resides in RAM).

how i can clear whatever space is needed?

By restarting the Mac.
You have lots of RAM, so if restarting doesn't help then there is most likely a bug in iMovie. That bug may cause iMovie to request a gazillion bytes of RAM from the OS and the OS responds: NO way!

Jan 10, 2011 8:59 AM in response to Paul Chiu

I have the same problem with 8 GB RAM in my 21" imac 3.06 GHZ and I have a 6 min 108 movie I want to export.

I called Apple Support and they wasted 10 minutes of my life. We exported small 30 second movies at 720 and 30 second movies at 1080, but that wasn't my problem my problem is imovie 11 wont let me export a 6 minute movie at 1080!

They have a bug... Apple please fix it!

I am currently moving my event and project to an external hard drive to see if that works...

(ANGRY...)

Oct 20, 2011 5:01 AM in response to Paul Chiu

HEAP ZONE ERROR SOLVED!

I had the same problem and it drove me yompy.

I finally figured it out.

The heap zone is the hard drive and the "not enough room" is really refering to "not enough contiguous space".

I optimized my volume on the drive and it took me from MB of Contiguous Free Space (though there were 500 GB of it total) up to GBs of Contiguous Free Space.

I now no longer receive the same warning, ever.

NO output in 1080p only 720p & "Not enough room in Heap Zone" ERROR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.