Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting garageband lessons?????????????

Hi,

Can someone please tell me, how I can delete a few garageband lessons from my hardrive? I looked around the net and people were saying the lessons are stored in Library/Application Support/Garageband/Learn to Play. I do not have the "learn to play folder" All I have are Cookies, instrument library and working Copies. Working copies seems to have some kind of template files, which are only a few mb. The acutal lessons are way bigger, so I need to delete a few to make more space on my hard drive. Can someone tell me if its possible to delete those lessons..And can it be done through the software itself?

I have Mac oS 10.6.4 and Garageband 09, Ver 5.1 (398).

Thank You

Macbook Pro '10, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 12:23 PM

5 replies

Nov 2, 2010 7:30 AM in response to HLVIS

http://www.howarddigitalmedia.com/gb-discussions/lessons-location.jpg

Really? The suggestion of

main-hard-drive/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/

is accurate. Please see the screen shot above to verify you're looking in the right place (Computer Library vs. User/Home Library)

Anotehr Question question would be... are you sure you actually have some Lessons that are actually downloaded to delete?

Finally, try opening a new Finder Window and hitting Command-F and search on the "filename" of "Basic Lessons", "Artist Lessons", or even the file extension ".mwand" (no quotes) and see if you are led to anything that may be in a strange location, like an external drive, etc.

Todd

deleting garageband lessons?????????????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.