Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto Book won't let me add page past 33

For some reason iPhoto '11 is stuck at 33 pages, tried to add page and it doesn't do anything. Tried to autoflow to add remaining pictures and didnt do anything.

If I started the project from scratch it added 100 pages using autoflow but doing manual it got stuck at 33 pages.

imac 2.4 intel core duo, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 1:18 PM

35 replies

Oct 25, 2010 9:37 PM in response to Kevnsheri

Worth a try - A good general step for strange issues is to renew the iPhoto preference file - quit iPhoto and go to "your user name" ==> library ==> preferences ==> com.apple.iPhoto.plist and trash it - launch iPhoto which creates a fresh new default preference file and reset any personal preferences you have changed and if you have moved the iPhoto library repoint to it. This may help

This does not affect your photos or any database information (keywords, faces, places, ratings, etc) in any way - they are stored in the iPhoto library - the iPhoto preference file simply controls how iPhoto works - which is why renewing it is a good first step.

LN

Oct 26, 2010 3:23 PM in response to KevnDale

Create a new account and try in it - if it works there then there is some issue with your account - if not then a reinstall of iPhoto '11 is indicated - reinstall iPhoto - go to your receipts folder ("Your hard drive" ==> library ==> receipts) and remove any iPhoto receipts and reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer - do a custom install of bundled software only

For more information click here for the MacWorld article on reinstalling OS X applications.

LN

Oct 26, 2010 6:04 PM in response to Kevnsheri

I have the same problem with u guys...im stuck in page 51 and after that i can not add more pages anymore...autoflow does not work anymore.

Before that i try autoflow and it populates 100pages but i find some layout not suitable for some of my pic and decided to do manually...every thing went fine until i reach page 51....my goodness im very exicited to finish my book so i can print

I buy an ilife'11 upgrade because of this photobook service.....now i'm ruin....anybody got a solution now?

Nov 25, 2010 2:34 PM in response to Kevnsheri

Autoflow in iPhoto ver 8.+ was terrific. Create a book, customise the page layout and then fill it with autoflow. Then tweak the odd image. Job done in 30mins.

Not so in iPhoto ver 9.1. Create a book, customise the page layout and then try and fill it with autoflow. No go. It just sits there and refuses to fill the layout. Two hours later trying all sorts of approaches I gave up and exported the images to one of our macs with iphoto ver 8.+. Job done. Autoflow in ver 9.1 only works with its own layout. So you end up with a 70 page book that a custom layout will reduce to 30.

Apple - please restore the autoflow flexibility of ver 8.+ to ver 9.1. In the mean time I'll use our ver 8.+ to create our books. Very unimpressed with the upgrade.

Nov 26, 2010 8:44 PM in response to Kevnsheri

All of these posts share one thing: the iPhoto book has become stuck at an odd number, truly odd because the book is set up to remain in even numbers.
Check this: Is either your front or back cover flap missing? If so, click on the cover in question, choose "Design," and choose "Spread." This will restore the project to even numbers and allow you to add pages. Remember that the book will want to stay even, and so when you add a page, it will delete an empty page until you click again, and then it will add two pages.
If it's not the cover, pick ANY page and choose "Spread" to create an "extra" page and return the book to even numbers.
Hope this helps someone. I'm leaving out the three days of trial and error and a fruitless half-hour spent on the phone with Apple Support.

iphoto Book won't let me add page past 33

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.