Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

movie rentals option not showing up on apple tv 2010

I'm trying to rent a movie on my new apple tv. It worked fine last week, but when I go under the movies tab, all I see is the "in theaters" option. There is no option for movie rentals. I can't figure out what's wrong. It seems to be logged into itunes, and I can watch youtube videos and stream from my computer but nothing appears under the movies tab to allow me to rent movies. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 10:19 PM

10 replies

Dec 30, 2010 11:33 AM in response to harmsangha

Me too. I'm in London. It seems that Apple often has problems that it says nothing about. Iphone's not connecting calls is the worst one, or taking hours to sync with your computer (which you must do to update the iphones OS). Not being able to freely transfer your own photos between devices is another. I don't think its a firewall issue with the Apple TV. Its connected to the net and signed into iTunes. I think its just another one of these Apple problems that no one from Apple likes to speak about.

Dec 31, 2010 10:27 AM in response to harmsangha

Spoke with apple rep this morning. He suggested reset to factory setting by going to main menu, settings, general, reset, restore.

The apple tv will reboot and reload latest software update. Menu's will return to normal which will include movie menu, netflix under internet tab.

You will need to log in with your user id and passwords for Apple, Netflix, home sharing and so on.

Frank

movie rentals option not showing up on apple tv 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.