Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Underline is stuck when composing outgoing mail

This is a weird one - I am composing an email in the Mail.app and the underline option has somehow become stuck. I have tried pressing Command+U and also selecting Underline through the menu bar, neither removes the setting.

This has happened a few times now. Any advice to turn it off would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 1:51 PM

No help but same problem. Tried cutting and pasting from other areas in the email (it adds the underline) and it did not work.
9 replies

Jan 28, 2011 3:58 PM in response to lipestyle

Just another report of stuck underline from someone running OS 10.5.8. Saving as draft, closing and reopening email, then reloading draft did NOT solve problem for me. Neither did restarting whole computer. Problem comes and goes. Just in case this is related to encryption, my computer hard drive is encrypted with an application called Checkpoint; I have had other bizarre issues traceable to this application.

Underline is stuck when composing outgoing mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.