Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of partial or full internet access on my MBP through Airport

I have the most peculiar issue with my Airport Express in Windows on my MacBook Pro. I frequently loose my internet access, but most of the time, *only in my browsers*. I can still use other protocols, such as Spotify, uTorrent, ftp acess, etc, but my http access goes down. Chrome keeps saying "sending request" in the status bar.

Occasionally, I loose all internet access on my laptop, but in those cases, my iPhone, as well as other computers nearby, are still online, both connected to my Airport station, and able to access my internet connection.

Restarting the base station allows my laptop to surf again, but usually only for a few minutes before either of the two problems above occur.

Plugging my modem's ethernet cable directly into my MacBook Pro also provides an uninterrupted connection, so clearly, the problems occurs somewhere between my laptop and the Airport station.

I am at a loss. Any ideas, forumite geniuses? 🙂

MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Duo Core, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 2 GB of RAM, X1600 256mb, 120 GB 5400 RPM harddrive,

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 10:06 AM

1 reply

Loss of partial or full internet access on my MBP through Airport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.