Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ePub books synced... But not showing up in iTunes 10 Library Books folder

I've got my books alright! All of them ePubs from Project Gutenberg, but they're not showing up in my Books folder inside my iTunes Library. I can see them when I select which books I want to sync with my iPhone and I can read them, but I can't see them in my library. Anyone knows a solution?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15.4" Penryn, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 2:31 PM

6 replies

Dec 7, 2010 9:26 PM in response to Sardaukar

I'm having the same problem, too. I have 185 books when I conduct a finder search of all the ePubs in my iTunes folder, and I can select the new books I to sync want under the 'Books' tab when I have my iPad plugged in. So I know that they're in the library. But I can't see them in the Books library when I click the button in my sidebar, they're not showing up in Recently Added and I can't find them when I conduct an iTunes search of the library.

Dec 8, 2010 9:51 PM in response to seventhpage

Same problem here also. I added two epub books by dragging them to my iTunes window. The upload finished but I can't see them when I click the "Books" icon on the left side of the iTunes window. When I connected my iPad it saw the two books and automatically uploaded them to the iPad which I can now view in the iBook app on the iPad. I still don't see them within iTunes though. I see they are in my iTunes library in the book folder. Do I need to trash my preferences file or something like that for iTunes to recognize them?

Jul 7, 2014 11:39 AM in response to Sardaukar

How is it possible there was never a resolution to this problem? It still exists as I'm having the exact same issue. I imported books from my epub folders and they showed up for a short few minutes. Then I had an error in itunes (something about not being able to save the itunes file due to not enough room - Not sure what this was about but itunes, for the most part, is working fine) and when I restarted itunes, the books no longer show in my Books section. BUT, they give me the option to sync them with devices (so, they show up in the Books section under devices only). Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I would like to see the books in the Books section of itunes, not just under devices.

ePub books synced... But not showing up in iTunes 10 Library Books folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.