Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Stop Google Sync with Address Book???

I set up my Address Book to sync with Google through, Preferences> Accounts> Account Information >(checked box "Synchronize with Google") and entered my Gmail user name and password.

It first added all of my Address Book contacted to my Google email account and everything was find. But then, as my computer continued to sync, it made duplicate after duplicate and my contacts went from 1200 to 5000. Of course, as I delete duplicates, the computer just syncs them back.

I went back into Address Book and unchecked the "Synchronize with Google" box. I have also reset my sync data. Neither has stopped the computer from synching with Google. I still get a "Sync Alert" pop up stating that the sync will change over 25% of my contacts. When I click on show details, it wants to add hundreds of Google duplicates or changes data based on Google contacts.

I just want that to stop so I can clean up my address book and walk away from this nightmare.

15'MBPi5, MBair1.6, Mini2.66C2D, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 3Gs & Nano - TC and AiExtreme n & Express

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 2:48 PM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2010 9:07 AM in response to p Nicholas k

When you deselect the "sync to Google" pref in Address Book, it should unregister the Google sync link, but for some reason it is not. First, try repairing permissions on your hard drive through "Disk Utility" in your Utilities folder. Then cycle the pref on and off. See if that helps. You can test by creating a new dummy contact in Address Book and running iSync. See if it shows up in your Google contacts.

If this does not solve the problem, you might try downloading a copy of Syncrospector from the Apple Dev site and unregistering Google. Select the Google entry in the top pane of the Syncrospector app, click the Unregister button and confirm.

How to Stop Google Sync with Address Book???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.