Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cover Page Disappeared

iPhoto 11 - My back flap page on my photo book was deleted and I cannot re-create it!! How can I re-create a back-cover page and flap?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 6:06 PM

13 replies

Oct 30, 2010 7:35 PM in response to Calfeegirl

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. Backup the library and try the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

Delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your User/Library/Preferences folder.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding the the Option key. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

Fix #2

Launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys depressed and follow the instructions to rebuild the library. Select options #1, #2 and #6.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

User uploaded file
OT

Nov 11, 2010 9:34 PM in response to Old Toad

I think I found a solution for this! I was having the same problem and not even Apple Support knew what to do. By accident I found a fix. At least, it worked in my book. My problem was that the last greyed out page was missing and the flap had turned to a full size page next to the back cover. The flap and the back cover no longer said "flap" or "back" when you selected them, they acted like pages instead.

Somewhere else in the book add two new pages. You should now have a blank page on the left and a blank page on the right. (I set mine to a spread layout so it was easier to move through the book.) Move those pages between your last page and what is supposed to be the flap and cover. In other words, if you have a 50 page book, and even the very last one has a page number, move these two blank pages between pages 48 and 49. Sounds hokey but here is what happened for me: The first new blank page remained blank but magically the second blank page was grey. I double clicked it to enlarge and my flap and back cover were formatted right and said "flap" and "back" once again. I swear this worked in my project.

I couldn't reproduce the original issue in a new book. It is worth a try though because it saved me the trouble of recreating a 30 hour book project. Hope that works for you.

Cover Page Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.