Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Something is stubbornly blocking ports

I am trying to troubleshoot a strange situation on my network. Via an Extreme base station I can open certain ports on two computers on my network, but one of them continues to have the ports blocked, no matter what I try.

The ports are 51413 and 54631.

I have tried connecting via aiport and ethernet. Different ethernet cables tried.

I have tried a variety of different IP address, to check if a certain IP is having problems for some reason.

Firewall is off. Anything else that could possibly need to connect to the Internet is off.

I have repaired permissions, etc, and used the combo updater to reinstall 10.6.4.

I really have tried everything I can think of, but this darned Mac Mini Server just refuses to open those ports. The only thing I can think of is a problem deep withing the OS, but I would have thought reinstalling the 10.6.4 combo updater would have resolved such an issue.

51413 was open until quite recently, but now although I can download torrents, I can't seed them. 54631 is for Air Video Server, which I tried to get working recently, and had no luck.

There were no obvious events or causes for this Mac to behave like this, so I am hoping that someone can help me troubleshoot this issue.

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 10:42 PM

2 replies

Something is stubbornly blocking ports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.