Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my guitar sound during a lesson

Hi
I downloaded Sting's Message in a bottle lesson but my guitar has an awful, over saturated with effects sound to it. How can I make my guitar sound different? I couldn't find a way and I noticed that each lesson that I open defaults my guitar to a different sound.
I tried opening garageband and save my settings but it will just revert back to the awful sound when I open a lesson.
Cheers
Mic

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7), using ONE interface

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 4:30 AM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2010 10:42 AM in response to migo33

Wish I had an answer for you, but I've got the same type of problem. I'm in the regular (non-celebrity) lessons, and Lesson 7 (Major Barre Chords) generates an overdrive distortion despite my choice of guitar (I have an electric and an acoustic-electric).

The lessons have been fine up til then. Lesson 5 was Single Note Melodies, and the guitar signal was clean. Lesson 6 introduced Power Chords, and Tim (the virtual instructor) made mention of using an electric because that lesson would generate distortion to enhance the sound of power chords. (It was mentioned that using an acoustic would work, but the distortion would still be generated.)

Anyway, it would be nice to get back to a clean signal for lessons that use them. Oh, fyi, in Lesson 7, Tim plays an electric, and you can hear it's a clean signal, as it should be.

What I haven't tried is to go back to Lesson 5, and see if the signal is clean or dirty. Hmm. Will try that tonight...

How to change my guitar sound during a lesson

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.