Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AE Effects Error Unable to load plugin

Hi,

Can anybody help with the following error - AE Effects Error, Unable to load "Misfire Vignette, Bundle"
Verify filter parameters. I have a project sent to me and we both have FCP7. I can see in my application support folder that the plugins for misfire are grey scaled but they don't activate when unlocked. Can i install from somewhere or is there any easy solution here??
Appreciate any help out there, thanks Paul

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 2:24 PM

8 replies

Oct 28, 2010 4:08 PM in response to xstream

You will want to contact the publisher, this Misfire outfit.

Serializing plugins is usually a one-step process and the activations either takes or you receive an error. You might try to locate the misfire.plist or the misfire.reg.plist (or a file called something like that in your library) and delete it and then try to enter your serial number again.

bogiesan

Oct 28, 2010 4:24 PM in response to xstream

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. This is the confusion i have talking about serial numbers as i didn't purchase these plugins, just presumed they would be with FCP7 as with other MB applications? Do these have to be bought as in $799??! I haven't been able to contact my editor who did the project yet and i know a purchase for more plugins wouldn't of been the case.

Thanks

Oct 29, 2010 2:02 AM in response to xstream

Hi Paul,

if all you need is a vignette, which you can customize in many ways and you prefer to stick with FCP there are many free options and plugins that are designed for such purpose or can be used for creating a vignette.

Photoshop if you have it, [Andy Mees's RB|http://web.me.com/andymees/Free and_Easy/main/Entries/2008/3/19_Andy%E2%80%99s_Region_Blur3.html], [Mine|http://www.videonline.co.uk/Lucas VignetteCombo.htm], [Alex4D's|http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/final-cut-free-vignette-filter > there re even more out there.
Most offer more controls than the FCP standard vignette.

Luca
|
|
“I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.”

Oct 29, 2010 3:42 AM in response to xstream

Thanks Patrick & Luca. I sound like an idiot but its because i'm not an editor so only have the basics.
I would need a step by step instruction as to how when i'm trying to render and the AE effects error - Unable to plugin "Misfire vignette. bundle" Do you wish to load plugin from another directory?
What do i do then as i said before in the Application support area they are grey scaled.
Paul

Oct 29, 2010 4:40 AM in response to xstream

Paul, do you have other Magic Bullet plugins on your Mac? Misfire Vignette comes as part of the *Magic Bullet Looks* package. If Misfire Vignette is not on your Mac then you will not be able to render that portion of your timeline to which the effect has been applied.

In that case you should answer NO to the question 'Do you wish to load plugin from another directory?' and apply an alternative vignette as suggested by Patrick and Luca.

But contacting your editor seems the best bet.

AE Effects Error Unable to load plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.