Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my User Tip MIA?

This updated user tip on Trojan Detection and Removal:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1764179

only appears in an archived thread in the Leopard forum.

Why is it not allowed to be listed in the User Tips Library, or even in this forum where users can actually find it?

20" 2.1GHz iSight iMac G5,, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iLife 9 but iMovie 6, QTPro 7.6.6, Safari 5.0.2

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 3:05 PM

4 replies

Nov 2, 2010 10:12 AM in response to Klaus1

Hi Klaus1,

The tip is still in the location it was before the update.
See, User Contributed Tips, Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard > Using Mac OS X Leopard

When you ask, "... or even in this forum where users can actually find it?" Do you mean this *User Tips Contributions* forum? Only Level 2s or higher can access this Forum to propose new tips or updates to tips.

If you would prefer I would be happy to move it to the User Tips Library

Thanks,
Nubz

Nov 2, 2010 4:23 PM in response to Nubz N.

Thanks for responding Nubz!

The User Tips Library seems to be ideal place to have it, and the obvious place for me to link to when I suggest someone reads it.

If it can also be linked to from the Leopard and Tiger forums, so much the better, but linking to an archived forum thread is not IMO ideal.

Nov 3, 2010 5:44 AM in response to Klaus1

Hi Klaus,

So I have moved it to the main User Tips Library

Not sure if you noticed, but it was already linked to from the Using Mac OS X Tiger Forum.

I also added a link to it from the User Tip List in Using Snow Leopard, User Contributed Tips in the Mac OS X v10.6 > Using Mac OS X 10.6 Forum

Also all new and updated User Tips are archived to keep people from responding to them. We have been putting most User Tips in the Forums they relate to in hopes they will get more exposure and use. As such we need to lock them down to keep them clean. Would you rather see people be able to reply to them??

Except for the submissions here in the Contribution area, they are not meant to be replied to.

Hope that makes sense.

And thanks again for your help,
Nubz

Why is my User Tip MIA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.