Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up Final Cut Studio discs

Hi:

I traditionally back up all original software discs--just in case. When I try to back up my Final Cut Studio Disks, however, something weird happens. It'll take 45 minutes to copy them to my hard drive for burning. But when I burn the disk, it's only a 1.7 MB .rtf file. Is back-up prohibited?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 4:52 PM

5 replies

Oct 30, 2010 12:00 PM in response to phoenixisstrategic

Insert one of the discs into your computer.
Launch Disk Utility -it's in the Applications/Utilities folder.
Click on the DVD name (for example: Install Final Cut Studio) at the bottom of the disk list, on the left side of the Disk Utility window.

Go to File in the menu bar, then *New > Disk Image from > Install Final Cut Studio*.
In the next window, click on the *Image Format* button and choose *DVD/CD Master*.
Do not change the name offered in the Save dialog.
You can set the save destination to anywhere that you want.

When it is completed, click the Disk Image "Install Final Cut Studio" in the lower left part of the Disk Utility window. Click the Burn button. Follow onscreen instructions.

Backing up Final Cut Studio discs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.