Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Appearance

I have just installed Snow Leopard but I can't say I like it particularly, especially some of the design elements. I particularly object to the white text on dark grey background in dock menus which make the data harder to read.

Ids there a way, either with preferences or third party software to change those menus back to black text on white backgrounds?

Macbook Pro Hi-Res (2008) + iBook G3 + iPod vid 60 GB + iPod 160GB + iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.5.8), MBP 2.5GHz 4GB RAM + G3 500 MHz 384 MB RAM

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 11:33 PM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2010 11:29 AM in response to artistjoh

AFAIK, not possible. This was a bone of contention during beta testing, so much so, that Apple revised it's Human Interface Guidelines to allow for this obnoxious eye-candy and their attempt to make their computers look like their phones and pads. See http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/ AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGUserInput/XHIGUserInput.html for details.

Changing Appearance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.