Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 hangs because it's waiting for time machine to backup.

Hi,
I was trying to export around 50 images and aperture3 hung. I clicked on aperture in the menu bar and it said "Application not responding". I waited and waited and then "force quit" aperture. Now when I try to reopen that library, it says "waiting for time machine to finish backing up library". I stopped the backup and I am still getting the same message. I tried to repair library, but to no avail - still the same message....

I must have force quit aperture during a routine time machine backup.

really need that library! please help if you can...

macpro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), aperture 3

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 10:45 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2010 1:53 PM in response to nicmac

thanks for your replies...

I did what you said and started the backup from the menubar and waited for completion. It still didn't work, I kept getting the same message. Then I then shut everything down including the time capsule and it thankfully works now.

I would like to limit the time machine backup to once a day at 4am, but it seems to automatically do hourly updates. Can I change this setting somewhere?

Thanks!!!

Nov 17, 2010 1:10 AM in response to nicmac

I had this same problem. After many other attempts I did this elementary thing, which I hadn't thought of before. I restarted my computer and after that I started a repair of my library (Start Aperture while holding down Command+option keys). Now it works fine again. Strange.

I am so used to everything working fine, I didn't even consider the option of restarting the computer. 🙂

/Ludaus

Aperture 3 hangs because it's waiting for time machine to backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.