Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks region change

in iTunes I can change the iTunes Store region /country simply by selecting the country icon.
How can I change the region in iBooks?

Is it based upon my iTunes account profile?
Or the IP address assigned to the iPad?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro-2.66 GHz i7, Mac OS X (10.6.4), lives with iPad, eMate, PowerBooks 540c, 160 and a Newton 2000

Posted on Oct 31, 2010 6:25 AM

14 replies

Feb 13, 2013 2:29 PM in response to Michael Vallance

My problem is similar. I followed a book title to the UK store to buy a book that is not available in Australia. But after finding the book, I was not allowed to buy it - not having a UK account - and worse, could not switch back to Australia!

So, you can switch regions accidentally - as I discovered. But you won't be able to use that region unless you have an account there. And you won't be able to switch back, except perhaps by finding a book title that is not available in your home region but is available in your preferred region!

Given that it can happen by accident - sure it must be able to happen otherwise! Any ideas???

Feb 21, 2013 5:14 PM in response to Michael Vallance

Hi, I recently sign up only to ans ur question

This may littl bit strange but worth to try..

I found this accidentally:

I have path installed, somday my friend share that she is currently reading book from us store, then i opened it, my ipad show "this book not available in your country, wuld u like to change reg?" I choose ok/confirm, and finaly i can browse us ibook strore!!

I'm currently registered from Indonesia, using ipad 4 with iOS 6.1.2

Hopfully this may help you all frends :D

iBooks region change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.