11 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2015 8:19 AM by Yisingtam
Michael Vallance Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)
in iTunes I can change the iTunes Store region /country simply by selecting the country icon.
How can I change the region in iBooks?

Is it based upon my iTunes account profile?
Or the IP address assigned to the iPad?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro-2.66 GHz i7, Mac OS X (10.6.4), lives with iPad, eMate, PowerBooks 540c, 160 and a Newton 2000
  • Patrick Villiers Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    That´s my problem too! iBooks here in Germany only offers me German language literature and I can´t find a method of changing the language preference (is it set to the IP number or something?)
  • Valcolm Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I think, that iBookstore's region going automatically from region of yours iTunes account.
    So, you need to have account in state that you need.
  • Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (75,750 points)
    How can I change the region in iBooks?

Because the rights to distribute ebooks have to be negotiated by country, whether you can find any particular book on iBooks in a particular country depends on what arrangements Apple has made. I don't think you can change the region to get around that.
  • limtc Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

I don't think he is asking for that. Sometimes we just wanted to change store to see what other stores has to offer, or as a developer/author, know how our apps/books are doing in other countries.

In iTunes, you can simply click a flag below to change region, but this does not appear to be the case for iBooks.

• limtc Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

It is based on your iTunes account. If your account is setup for US, it will go to US directly. Same for other countries.

I don't think you can change the country/region in the iBookstore itself.

• kpbfromq Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Well I am in Australia and signed up with an Australian address etc and I can only access German material! Any ideas on that once?

• David Kraatz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My problem is similar. I followed a book title to the UK store to buy a book that is not available in Australia. But after finding the book, I was not allowed to buy it - not having a UK account - and worse, could not switch back to Australia!

So, you can switch regions accidentally - as I discovered. But you won't be able to use that region unless you have an account there. And you won't be able to switch back, except perhaps by finding a book title that is not available in your home region but is available in your preferred region!

Given that it can happen by accident - sure it must be able to happen otherwise! Any ideas???

• David Kraatz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Try this

Open the Settings App and go to iTunes and App Store preferences.

Select your appleID and sign in - once you have done that you can change the

region.

That fixed my problem. But I don't know if you can then set up an account in another region's iBook store.

Have you or anyone else tried this?

• Adhi.suryana Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, I recently sign up only to ans ur question

This may littl bit strange but worth to try..

I found this accidentally:

I have path installed, somday my friend share that she is currently reading book from us store, then i opened it, my ipad show "this book not available in your country, wuld u like to change reg?" I choose ok/confirm, and finaly i can browse us ibook strore!!

I'm currently registered from Indonesia, using ipad 4 with iOS 6.1.2

Hopfully this may help you all frends :D

• nbuck27 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks David, this worked for me.  I had followed a "not available in Australia, change region" option and suddenly was stuck with the US store.  I re-confirmed my apple ID and region through settings and it worked. Thanks again!

• Yisingtam Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

But did u fake an adress and state?does it matter if i use the real adress of my country but fake a us state