Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Important information for Plusnet ISP customers (in the UK)

Hi all: I just spent a couple of frustrating days trying to get my 2nd Gen Apple TV set up, connected to the internet and to get home sharing to work. I tried everything, but without success. You can see the full story here http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=12510148

I finally got everything connected after contacting my ISP (Plusnet). It turns out that an upstream firewall was set to maximum security and that this was blocking some of the required ports. After they adjusted the settings, my Apple TV worked a treat.

*Bottom line: If you're in the UK, a Plusnet customer and your ATV isn't connecting, is having home sharing problems or sits constantly at the "Waiting for neteork services" screen, then send a query via the customer support website. They're really good and do respond.*

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 31, 2010 11:19 AM

2 replies

Important information for Plusnet ISP customers (in the UK)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.