Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty Replacements

If you have an older MacbookPro and exchange it for a new one because it broke and is covered by warranty, then will the replacement be the newest model, or would you get the same one.

Lets say Apple recently updated the MBP. Would I get the new or old one?

Posted on Oct 31, 2010 2:45 PM

3 replies

Oct 31, 2010 3:52 PM in response to NCMARK

To be honest that is a question only Apple can answer accurately. From what I read on these forums when that occurs Apple will replace the damaged machine with a current model in the same price point. In some situations I've seen the store offer upgraded machines for the price difference. For example if your original machine costs $1500 and it's replaced under AppleCare they will offer a $1500 current model or if you want a $2000 machine they'll do so if you pay the $500 difference. It's really on a case by case basis though.

Roger

Oct 31, 2010 9:23 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I've had apple replace a faulty Powerbook with a MacBook Pro - it was the machine at the same point in the line-up at the time, since they were not manufacturing the Powerbook any more. It's up to them to determine whether they prefer to repair the old machine or just replace it - replacements are more common when the machine is near the end of the three year applecare - I presume this is because parts are more scarce.

Warranty Replacements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.