Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 2 not showing shows that show up on AppleTV 1 and Apple Store

If I do a search on the Apple store for say, the new AMC show "Walking Dead", it doesn't show up on the new AppleTV - but it shows up on the old one.

Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 4:06 PM

3 replies

Dec 6, 2010 6:28 PM in response to Brewster B

Yeah, this is a downside of the AppleTV 2. I wish they would offer them to rent at the buy price even. I don't mind it. You can always buy it on your computer and stream it over to your AppleTV 2 but it's just not as convenient. You can also now buy it on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and use AirPlay to play it on your AppleTV. I haven't tried this yet but this is one of the advertised uses.

Hopefully the rumored network services are remotely true. They could help alleviate this confusion and availability mismatch. Apple really should offer a digital locker type service much like Amazon does. Buy it once and it's stored at Apple's place. Then when you want to play it again, it serves it from there.

Message was edited by: George Penston

AppleTV 2 not showing shows that show up on AppleTV 1 and Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.