Skip navigation

Stop available downloads from starting automatically??

5572 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 4:31 PM by DJ RSS
Hotsouma Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 2, 2010 7:35 AM
Hi
Is there a way to stop available downloads from start downloading automatically??

Thanks

iTunes 10
White MacBook, iPhone 4, 64GB WiFi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (167,515 points)
    iTunes preferences -> Store

Uncheck "automatically download prepurchased content"

Regards.
    iMac Core i7 8GB ATI Radeon 4850, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Also: iMac 2.8 Core 2 Duo 24", IPad 16GB WiFi, Dell w/ Windows 7, Win XP via VM
    Yes; that's what you just said you wanted to do. Pre-ordered content and "available downloads" are essentially the same thing.
    iMac Core i7 8GB ATI Radeon 4850, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Also: iMac 2.8 Core 2 Duo 24", IPad 16GB WiFi, Dell w/ Windows 7, Win XP via VM
    Sorry, that's a different question than the one I though you were asking. Once an item enters the download queue, the user cannot remove it. Either let it complete the download (easiest) or contact the iTunes Store customer support department through the Contact page (select the category and subcategory closest to the issue you're reporting and you'll find either an "Express Lane" button - just follow the instructions to get to the contact form - or an "Email Us" button) and ask them if they'll remove the item(s) from your queue for you.

Note that you will automatically get an SD version along with any HD movie or TV show you purchase. The SD version is included for use on iPods and iPhone and cannot be declined. So this may occur again, and the iTunes Store probably won't keep clearing the queue every time, so you probably should just accept those downloads.

Regards.
  • jimg67 Calculating status...
    In previous version of Itunes I could delete the unwanted file and the uncheck the box in the store tab to stop automatic downloads. This stopped working when I updated to version 10. Dont want both SD and HD versions of TV shows to download since I have a monthely download limit. I have emailed support but dont expect a solution.
    DELL, Windows 7
  • nuevosoul Calculating status...

2 Years, and APPLE has REFUSED to address this issue. If I don't want SD, don't force feed me!!!! And calling apple support to remove from Q. Are you kidding? I have spent over 250k at APPL over the last 4 years. Quit standing on my neck!!!!

•  DJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My heart goes out to all of you like me who have no choice but to have a download cap in my area.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.