Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop available downloads from starting automatically??

Hi
Is there a way to stop available downloads from start downloading automatically??

Thanks

iTunes 10

White MacBook, iPhone 4, 64GB WiFi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 7:35 AM

9 replies

Nov 2, 2010 11:57 AM in response to Hotsouma

Sorry, that's a different question than the one I though you were asking. Once an item enters the download queue, the user cannot remove it. Either let it complete the download (easiest) or contact the iTunes Store customer support department through the Contact page (select the category and subcategory closest to the issue you're reporting and you'll find either an "Express Lane" button - just follow the instructions to get to the contact form - or an "Email Us" button) and ask them if they'll remove the item(s) from your queue for you.

Note that you will automatically get an SD version along with any HD movie or TV show you purchase. The SD version is included for use on iPods and iPhone and cannot be declined. So this may occur again, and the iTunes Store probably won't keep clearing the queue every time, so you probably should just accept those downloads.

Regards.

Jan 15, 2011 8:37 AM in response to Hotsouma

In previous version of Itunes I could delete the unwanted file and the uncheck the box in the store tab to stop automatic downloads. This stopped working when I updated to version 10. Dont want both SD and HD versions of TV shows to download since I have a monthely download limit. I have emailed support but dont expect a solution.

Stop available downloads from starting automatically??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.