Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iphone 4

Hi,

Soon i will have the new iphone 4 but right now i still have the original iphone.

How can i get the apps to my new iphone? My problem is that i have itunes on an imac but now i will use my iphone 4 with a macbook pro. Can i get my music and apps from one to the other computer and then on my new iphone?

Kindest regards,

Michel John

Imac, mac pro, macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 7:01 AM

Apps are sycned to your computer. They are just files. You can copy them off to other computer and put them in iTunes.
5 replies

Nov 3, 2010 7:11 AM in response to Michel John

All 3rd party apps on your iPhone should be in your iTunes library on your computer. You will need to transfer your iTunes library from your iMac to your MacBook Pro along with authorizing your MBP with your iTunes account with iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

There is no i-Device limit for the number of iPods, iPhones, and iPads that can be synced with the same iTunes library and iTunes account on the same computer.

If you have Sync Apps selected under the Apps tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes, all apps should be in your iTunes library on your computer. With this selected, after downloading an app with your iPhone, the app will be copied to your iTunes library automatically the first time you sync your iPhone with iTunes after doing so.

If you don't have this selected - all apps on your iPhone are not in your iTunes library on your iMac, with your iPhone connected to iTunes, at the iTunes menu bar go to File and select Transfer Purchases From - the name of your iPhone. After confirming all apps on your iPhone are in your iTunes library, select Sync Apps under the Apps tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes making sure all apps currently installed on your iPhone are selected below followed by selecting Apply.

New iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.