Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Windows 7 Two Finger Right Click Overrides Drag

Hey guys big issue with Windows 7 64x bootcamp. The trackpad works perfectly in OSX and in VMWare Fusion however in bootcamp the two finger right click interferes with the drag. When I click and slide the second finger to drag it ends up being a right click?!?!? Is this a known driver issue??

2010 Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 7:14 AM

12 replies

Nov 9, 2010 9:37 PM in response to ImpactBlue

I am having the same problem. Sometimes it works fine. But every once in a while, when I try to click & drag to make a selection, I get the right-click action. Then it stays broken this way for multiple click-and-drag selection attempts, until magically, it starts working again. Never had this problem before w/ my old (pre-2010) MacBook Air running Windows XP. This is driving me nuts! Look forward to any solutions.

Nov 26, 2010 11:58 PM in response to DavidHilbert

Hi Guys

I have the same issue, has anyone found a solution yet?

I have a new 17" MacBook Pro, running Windows 7 64 Bit, the problem occurred immediately after updating to Bootcamp 3.2.

The main problem I am experiencing is that sometimes when using a second finger to drag a window, highlight text, or scroll, the trackpad behaves as if I have done a right (secondary) click.

News of any workarounds or bug fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Message was edited by: JamesThomas

Sep 29, 2012 2:05 PM in response to ImpactBlue

With driver 4.0.0.1 on a Late 2011 17" MacBook I concur with Horre. The functionality is now limited to clicking in the lower part of the trackpad. I works consistently from that stand point but is not consistent with the way it functions in the MacOS. I don't want to retrain my brain everytime I switch between win7 and Lion. Going for the 3.1 solution.

Dec 14, 2012 11:52 PM in response to iLLUMI

..And don't forget that a better driver for W7/W8 exists (Trackpad++).

Here are the current capabilities of the Trackpad++:

Supported Apple Macbook Pro generations: Early 2009, Mid 2009, Mid 2010, Early 2011, Late 2011, Mid 2012 / Retina, Late 2012 / Retina.

Supported Apple Macbook Air generations: Mid 2009, Late 2010, Mid 2011, Mid 2012.

Improved basics (vs. Boot Camp drivers 4.x):

1.) Accelerated/natural scrolling model implemented;

2.) Better pointer ballistics (i.e. how a pointer speed depends on a finger speed; six optimal presets built-in);

3.) Bug-free dragging with two fingers (both fingers allowed to move freely, unlike with Boot Camp-native driver), plus a unique option to increase the pointer speed while dragging;

4.) User-customizable option to ignore accidental trackpad input when typing, option to eliminate accidental drag'n'drop actions (for tap-style dragging);

Advanced multitouch gestures:

1.) Horizontal 2-finger swiping to the left from outside the right edge (action: show/hide Charms Bar, the gesture shall be performed like this: http://powerplan7.com/OutsideSwipe.gif)

2.) Horizontal 2-finger swiping to the right from outside the left edge (action: show/hide Metro Switcher if at least 1 Metro app is running)

3.) Horizontal 3-finger swiping (action: back / forward)

4.) Vertical 3-finger swiping (action: zoom in / zoom out)

5.) 3-finger tap (action: middle mouse button)

6.) Horizontal 4-finger swiping (action: show/hide Charms Bar)

7.) Vertical 4-finger swiping (action: minimize/restore open windows)

8.) 4-finger tap (action: show/hide Start screen)

Bootcamp Windows 7 Two Finger Right Click Overrides Drag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.