Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck on "Slide for Emergency" screen?

I restored my old iPhone 3GS 8gb because I got a new one and after restoring it became stuck on the connected to iTunes page, (The one that has the slide that says 'Slide for Emergencies')
How do I get it off this screen and to the actuall iPhone? Please help!!
Thanks

iPhone 3GS 8GB, Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 7:53 PM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2010 1:08 AM in response to Corey Craddock

Me too! Updated my iPhone 3G to OS 4.1 (via iTunes 10.0.1.22, the latest version) and now it's USELESS!

No login, no signal, no apps, no way to restore! EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY.

Very bad problem.

When I connect the iPhone to iTunes it says "We could not complete your iTunes request. An unknown error occurred (-9812)". No way out.

Any suggestions?

Nov 4, 2010 1:17 AM in response to PaulVisionary

*_You need to put your old SIM card back in for it to Unlock itself._ After it unlocks, you can remove the SIM card again.* +Oh and make sure its connected to your computer with iTunes open when you do this(you also might need to power off and on the phone once).+

You can also use a deactivated/unactivated or prepaid SIM card as long as its from the same network(ex: AT&T) the phone is locked to.

FYI, I just leave one of my old SIM's in my old iPhone 3G and turn on airplane mode. That way whenever I restore I don't have to yank the SIM out of a working phone just to unlock the stupid thing.

iPhone stuck on "Slide for Emergency" screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.