Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden motion

Hello all,

after setting my MBP into sleep mode (closing the lid or pressing alt-cmd-eject) it wakes up automatically after any kind of motion (grabbing it from or moving it on the table, ...).

The SMS is disabled (according to APPLE's power manager note), the system profiler correctly detects the disabled sensor but any of these funny applications like "Carpenter's Level" etc. works fine!?

Does anyone have a helpful hint?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
EE

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, FUJITSU MHW2160BHPL,

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 4:30 PM

Hello,

I found a similar problem and solution at "Mac Book Pro wakes up in my backpack" ( http://superuser.com/questions/133265/mac-book-pro-wakes-up-in-my-backpack).

Have a look. The one solution that may help is:

Here's how I solved the problem:
sudo pmset -a lidwake 0
sudo pmset -a acwake 0
sudo pmset -a sms 1

The first makes it so that your mac will not wake when the lid is raised; you will need to hold down the shift key (or any key) instead.

The second makes your machine not wake when the power source changes from battery to AC or vice-versa.

The third assures that the sudden motion sensor is enabled.

There is other good feedback from that post as well. I chose to highlight the one mentioned since it actually includes enabling the SMS, which you had disabled, so that seems to help rule out a problem with SMS.

Hope this helps.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2010 4:30 PM in response to e-square

Hello,

I found a similar problem and solution at "Mac Book Pro wakes up in my backpack" ( http://superuser.com/questions/133265/mac-book-pro-wakes-up-in-my-backpack).

Have a look. The one solution that may help is:

Here's how I solved the problem:
sudo pmset -a lidwake 0
sudo pmset -a acwake 0
sudo pmset -a sms 1

The first makes it so that your mac will not wake when the lid is raised; you will need to hold down the shift key (or any key) instead.

The second makes your machine not wake when the power source changes from battery to AC or vice-versa.

The third assures that the sudden motion sensor is enabled.

There is other good feedback from that post as well. I chose to highlight the one mentioned since it actually includes enabling the SMS, which you had disabled, so that seems to help rule out a problem with SMS.

Hope this helps.

Sudden motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.