Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

infrared port

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if it's possible to use the infrared port on my Macbook pro to read data sent from another device. I just bought an ADC Summit wich is a portable weather station, this device can log a lot of data and send them via it's infrared port to a infrared/usb receiver hooked to a computer. The problem is that the software used to sort the sent data is not Mac compatible. If the use of the infrared port of my Macbook pro is possible, how can I retrieve all that is sent by the ADC Summit. If it's not possible, is there on the market an infrared port that would work on my mac and capable to sort the data sent. I know that what is sent from ADC is standard text format for data processing.
Thanks for your help
Serge

G5,DP, 1,5Gb + MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 5:00 PM

Hi Serge,

I do not know for sure if the IR port works while running Windows on Mac, but if so, why not run Windows on your Mac and use the software you have (assuming it's Windows compatible)?
1 reply

infrared port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.