Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could my SIM card be causing me problems?

My first I-phone 4 had a problem with the MIC, so Apple swapped phones. Everyone said my voice sounded muffled and robotic. The second phone was still muffled but it lost its robotic sound. I took out the sim card and reinserted it, that was a mistake as no matter who I called, I get a terrible repeating echo of my voice.
pulled and re-inserted the SIM card and restored the phone. Now the echo is gone but my voice still sounds muffled.
I don't think its possible that I got two phones with bad microphones and after getting the echo from pulling and reinstalling the SIM card, it makes me think the card is bad.
Is that possible? Can a sim card screw up the voice quality?

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 1:45 PM

Update. I had AT&T replace the sim card. My voice quality has greatly improved since the sim swap.
2 replies

Nov 5, 2010 8:44 AM in response to dhc8guru

i doubt it, but in the interest of resolving your issue it would be an idea to get it changed. I know Vodafone will swap SIMS for contract customers for free and im guessing most service providers would be the same!
so head to your5 local store and get them to transfer all your SIM data to a new card for you. Should be free and should instantly tell you if thats the issue.

i know with the older "big" sims if you handnt upgraded your SIM for awhile it would cause issues in newer phone models. like loss of signal and lack of proper data features etc.
so get your sim changed and test! its the only way!

Could my SIM card be causing me problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.