Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 4G battery problem

Hey guys!
At first, sorry for my english, i'm from germany.
Now, i've my new iPod touch 4G one month. And from the beginning, i've two problems with my battery.
1. If my battery is on 20%, the battery display jump sometimes ten times between red and green - WITH notification! That *****!
2. Over the night, i load my iPod. At the morning, when i start up my twitter.app, the battery is full. After five munites, the Ipod touch is still at charger, its reloads! That *****, too!

Can every one help my?

iPod touch 4G, iOS 4

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 8:22 AM

5 replies

Nov 5, 2010 4:08 PM in response to Wandgrab

Your observation #1 is not abnormal. Temperature changes and other things can cause the low-level "alarm" to come on and off.

I do not understand your second question. It sounds like your charge (load?) overnight and it is at 100% (fully charged) in the morning when you then start the Twitter app. After five minute (what is still on charger?) What is it reloads?

Nov 6, 2010 2:26 AM in response to Wandgrab

Well, i dont think that my first problem is normal when that ten times happen...

So, i charge my iPod over the night. When i start on the morning to do my normal thing with the ipod, the ipod is still at the cable und charge. so but after the night, the ipod is full but after 5 minutes of "playing" with the ipod, i charge the battery again. and i wasn't split from the charger.

Nov 6, 2010 8:16 AM in response to Wandgrab

I do not understand when you say "i charge the charge the the battery again? It appears that you are already connected to the charger so how can it charge again? Are you saying that initially the iPod shows a full charge (and is not charging) and after five minutes of use the iPod now says that it is charging?

Nov 6, 2010 11:19 AM in response to Wandgrab

That really does not sound unusual to me. When you are using the iPod the battery will start discharging. Therefore, if it is still plugged in I do not think it would take long to discharge enough to cause the iPod to star charging again.

I would monitor how long a full battery charge lasts since, while not really unusual, the two observations might point to something that is a little off.

iPod touch 4G battery problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.