Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suisse printing service and wrong language

I am trying to order a book from the Suisse (French) printing service. I already submitted the book with iPhoto 9.0.1 with no problem but the order was then cancelled as there was a problem with the file they received. Since the update to iPhoto 9.1 the language of the store is wrong, in fact the sheet that appear with order summary is in German and not in french. I have tried to select other stores from the iPhoto preferences and every time I change the store if I pretend to order a book the summary page reflects the change except in the case of the Suisse (French) store. I think it may be a problem of iPhoto 9.1 or of the server but in order to exclude it is a problem with my upgraded copy of iPhoto may somebody try to select the Suisse (French) store and try to click buy book to see if the language that appear on the summary sheet is French or German? Thanks.

Macbook C2D 2.0 Ghz, 1Gb ram, 120 GB HD, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 3:13 AM

4 replies

May 7, 2013 1:26 PM in response to Matteo Lesinigo

It's still broken in 2013, really disappointing. Don't think it is related to any iPhoto version.

The Swiss store is only available in German and French - English, my system language, won't do. However, in all those years I've never seen an option to choose between German/French, iPhoto always just assumed one.

In my case it picks French (instead of German) eventhough the preferred language in the Apple-ID account is German. Also, in "System Preferences -> Language&Text -> Language" German is listed below English but above French on purpose. Furthermore, in "Language&Text -> Formats -> Region" I picked "Switzerland (German)".

I've yet to figure out how Apple picks the effective store. If it doesn't look in either of those three places it's seriously broken anyhow...

Suisse printing service and wrong language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.