Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which is the "Home" key?

I have been looking at the various shortcut keys in FCE, one of the shortcuts key says it will move the playhead in the viewer to the beginning of the clip by pressing the "Home" key. I am using a new MacBook Pro with a QWERTY keyboard and I am unable to fond this elusive "Home" key.

iMac 27", Mac OS X (10.6.3), 2.8Ghz Intel Quad Core i7 / 8GB / 1TB

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 9:15 AM

It's not your imagination. The full size keyboard does indeed have Home and End keys.

Mac laptops (and the standard wired & wireless aluminum keyboards) don't have all the keys that the full keyboard has; hence, some functions are assigned to other keys, as you have found.

In the current lineup, only the optional keyboards have discrete Home & End keys. (Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad and the Keyboard for Final Cut Studio)
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2010 9:15 AM in response to OzziesMAC

It's not your imagination. The full size keyboard does indeed have Home and End keys.

Mac laptops (and the standard wired & wireless aluminum keyboards) don't have all the keys that the full keyboard has; hence, some functions are assigned to other keys, as you have found.

In the current lineup, only the optional keyboards have discrete Home & End keys. (Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad and the Keyboard for Final Cut Studio)

Which is the "Home" key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.