Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to add 320kbps Bitrate mp3 songs to my iPod

I have also enabled "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128kbps AAC format" in my iTunes. But even then I'm not able to add 320kbps bitrate songs to my iTunes or into my iPod (5th Gen Nano).

What should I do in order to convert those songs to 256kbps bitrate songs?

Regards,
Kishore.

Windows XP

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 1:35 AM

15 replies

Nov 7, 2010 4:18 PM in response to Kishorekumar

Hi Kishorekumar,

I've been able to add 320 kbps MP3s to my Nano 5G without a problem, even without enabling the "convert to AAC" option.

So the bitrate shouldn't be the reason. Have you already tried adding a different MP3 with 320 kbps ? At what point in the process are you experiencing the problem ? When trying to add the file to the iTunes library ? Are you getting any error message ? Could the MP3 be corrupt ? Could you try to get it again from elsewhere ? Re-importing from a CD or downloading it again from another place ?

Greetings...

Jan 6, 2011 7:00 PM in response to CMCSK

Hello CMCSK,

Here are my answers to Oxinian's questions:

I've been able to add 320 kbps MP3s to my Nano 5G without a problem, even without enabling the "convert to AAC" option. *Still I'm not able to do that.*

So the bitrate shouldn't be the reason. Have you already tried adding a different MP3 with 320 kbps ? *Yes. But of no use !!*

At what point in the process are you experiencing the problem ? When trying to add the file to the iTunes library ? *Yes, when trying to drag and drop in the iTunes library.*

Are you getting any error message ? *Yes. Here it is - "iTunes could not copy "" to the iPod "" because the file could not be found"*

Could the MP3 be corrupt ? *No. It plays well in Windows media player.*

Could you try to get it again from elsewhere ? Re-importing from a CD or downloading it again from another place ? *Yes. No use !!*

Regards,
Kishore.

Jan 17, 2011 12:16 AM in response to Kishorekumar

Sorry if you are disappointed with us but we are all just users here and apparently no one has had your problem.

Where did these songs come from? Did you rip them from your own CDs. If yes, did you use iTunes?

Did you add these songs to your iTunes library or did you choose to leave them in place? If you left them in place, when you try to drag them from iTunes to your iPod is there an exclamation point next to the left of the song title?

Feb 8, 2011 6:23 PM in response to deggie

*Where did these songs come from? Did you rip them from your own CDs. If yes, did you use iTunes?* -> From the internet. Do you want me to send you the songs to test? No ripping and didn't use iTunes for any ripping..

*Did you add these songs to your iTunes library or did you choose to leave them in place?* -> Tried both

*If you left them in place, when you try to drag them from iTunes to your iPod is there an exclamation point next to the left of the song title?* No !!

Are these answers enough for you to help me?

Regards,
Kishore.

Dec 1, 2011 3:06 AM in response to Kishorekumar

I'm having the same problem too. I have several mp3 albums which are in the 320 bitrate. I can copy these files to iTunes without any problem.

However when I try to sync these files to my iphone, the artist/album/file doesn't appear under the Music tab of the device.

My other files which are in 128 bitrate all appear normally, only the files in the 320 configuration aren't showing.

Where do I find the "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128kbps AAC format" option?

I'm using an iPhone 3GS

Not able to add 320kbps Bitrate mp3 songs to my iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.