2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2010 11:33 AM by jackooo
Jason Gallagher3 Level 1 Level 1
Hello, can someone help me finding an GPS app that allows me to track my walks through SanFrancisco.

My plan is to walk/bike the entire city over the course of a few months

I would like to be able look at all my previous walks at the same time on one map. Do i need an app that saves to gpx and and then somehow overlay them all at the same time on my macbook?

I would also like to see the previous walks on the iphone so i dont repeat an area that I have walked.

Any app suggestions? thanks
  • Lawrence Finch Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X
    I don't know of any that will overlay your walks, but Sound Pedometer will maintain a history of your walks and a map with each session's walk.
  • jackooo Level 1 Level 1
    check out cyclemeter by Abrivio. Its $5 I think but pretty cool. You can set it up for walking, biking, driving, and a few other types of activities. It tracks distance, average speed, elevation, calories used. You can export to google maps, then save it to your maps if you have a google account. Also saves as gpx attachment or url, kml, csv formats. It does a lot more, like voice updates about your workout if you are wearing earphones, but I dont use it regularly, just for dinkin around