Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Orange Mobile Broadband application

I use Orange Mobile Broadband with a Huawei E1752 3G dongle. The connection manager is provided by Orange and was called "Internet Everywhere". It has recently been upgraded and is now called "Orange Mobile Broadband" but since the upgrade the app won't open at all and just hangs until I force quit it.

I have uninstalled a couple of times to no avail and have downloaded the latest driver from Huawei.

Is anyone else having this problem? I've resorted to bypassing the connection manager altogether and simply connecting via Network (in System Preferences)

If anyone else needs to do this it works as follows:

1. Click + to add new connection
2. Select Generic GPRS/3G device
3. APN for Orange is "consumerbroadband"
4. Apply changes
5. Telephone number is *99# - leave other fields blank
6. Click connect

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 12:19 AM

5 replies

Nov 9, 2010 2:47 AM in response to a brody

Unfortunately it's this upgrade that seems to be causing the problems - the old version worked fine. I downloaded the upgrade and now it just hangs and has to be force quitted every time I open it. Uninstall and re-install doesn't seem to work either. Orange tech support are completely useless and don't offer any solutions beyond uninstall/reinstall.

To me, it looks like a problem with the application, but I can't find anyone else having this problem.

Nov 10, 2010 9:21 AM in response to b noir

No, firewall is off. I now seem to be able to connect pretty reliably by setting the dongle up as a USB modem and connecting manually. In some ways this is preferable as the Orange connection manager has always been pretty shoddy.

Now all I need is for them to provide a halfway decent 3G service that doesn't hit speed bumps every 5 mins and I'll be sorted 😉

I'm pretty sure this is an app related issue but until others experience it, who knows?

Problems with Orange Mobile Broadband application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.