Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal import bug when creating calendars in iPhoto 2011

Hi,

I just created a calendar in the new iPhoto 2011 and imported an iCal calendar to the project.

What I discovered is that it only imports one event per day to the calendar in iPhoto, although the calendar in iCal has sometimes more than one event per day.

Fx. in my calendar in iCal I have two events on a certain date, f.x my mothers birthday and my son's birthday on January 18th. However when importing this calendar to the calendar project in iPhoto only my mothers name gets imported. This was not an issue in iPhoto 2010.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iLife 2011

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 2:18 AM

10 replies

Nov 12, 2010 5:53 PM in response to Georg Haraldsson

Definitely a bug and unforgivable given the time of year - I usually order a couple of calendars as Christmas presents - If I can't order them in time for Christmas then Apple have lost the business.

It seems to me that iLife 11 was rushed out for Christmas. First the appalling upgrade problems and then the realisation that Calendars were not included. Two patches later and we still have an un-useable Calendar.

The worst part about it is, it's not obvious - I wonder how many people have ordered calendars and not noticed the missing Birthdays. I can see a lot of disappointed friends and relatives next year whose birthdays will be missed.

My only hope is an old backup of my Macbook - pre upgrade. If I can boot from that disk, import my recent photos, import the latest version of the iCal Calendar events, I can recreate the Calendar with iPhoto '09. Not sure I can be bothered,

Nov 28, 2010 12:53 AM in response to Marky_Towers

To follow up on my issue with the UK bank holidays appearing a day out:

Apple gave me a full refund on all the calendars I'd had printed. Their alternative solution was to set your system preferences date options so the day of the week starts on Sunday. Then create a new calendar project (doesn't update an existing one), and the dates will be correct.

Of course this is no good for two reasons - who actually uses Sunday as the first day of the week, and if you've spent time creating a calendar then you might as well manually move all the incorrect dates.

Glad they gave a full refund and let me keep the calendars, they've almost redeemed themselves, they just need to fix the bloody bugs.

Nov 29, 2010 2:57 AM in response to Georg Haraldsson

All Adresses are gone in iPhoto 11. Im former iPhoto you could point to an adress of delivery from prior recorded adresses. This item is gone completely.

So how do I send calendars to me friends who live abroad. The new version limits the delivery-adress to the country where you live in.

Not very international and so close to iTunes.

I went back on the old version of iPhoto since I have Aperture and don't need no update which limits me.

iCal import bug when creating calendars in iPhoto 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.